Mudslide closes highway near High Park Fire burn area
LARIMER COUNTY — An area that was pounded with heavy fires and now heavy rain is being affected by mudslides.
According the Colorado State Patrol, Highway 14, a roadway closed during the majority of the High Park Fire’s three-week burning period, is expected to be closed until noon due to mudslides.
The area was expected to be hit hard by the heavy rains. The highway is closed from mile post 115-121 — just west of Ted’s Place. Crews are now saying that a plow truck and end loader will have to work to clear the slide over the next 2-3 hours.
The State Patrol is reporting that no vehicles were involved and there are no injuries. Stay tuned for updates.
- Hickenlooper grants reprieve to death row inmate Nathan Dunlap
- Longmont officer shoots, critically wounds AR15-wielding gunman
- Mom makes bullying daughter wear thrift shop clothes as punishment
- Warning: Video shows Colo. murder suspect Evan Ebel shoot deputy
- I-70 reopens in Glenwood Canyon following fatal crash