Small wildfire prompts pre-evacuation notices in Larimer County
Mill Creek Fire. Larimer County. July 3, 2012.
July 3 6:45PM: Larimer County Sheriff’s Office says 2 1/2 acres burned as a result of a lightning strike. Mop up is in progress and a crew will watch the area overnight.
July 3 5PM: Per Larimer Sheriff…Pre-Evacuation notice for Mill Creek Fire has been lifted. Containment is expected around 9:00 p.m. tonight.
July 3 4:45PM: Wildland fire crews are battling a new wildfire in Larimer County which has prompted a pre-evacuation notice for residents of the Mill Creek subdivision.
The fire was estimated to be three acres as of 4 p.m. and is burning north of County Road 80C and east of County Road 59 near Livermore.
Officials say residents of 29 homes need to be ready to leave if ordered.
A Single Engine Air Tanker and a helicopter have been ordered. LCSO Emergency Services along with Livermore Fire are on scene.
Send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org | On Twitter #MillCreekFire
- Hickenlooper grants reprieve to death row inmate Nathan Dunlap
- Longmont officer shoots, critically wounds AR15-wielding gunman
- Mom makes bullying daughter wear thrift shop clothes as punishment
- Warning: Video shows Colo. murder suspect Evan Ebel shoot deputy
- I-70 reopens in Glenwood Canyon following fatal crash