Driver arrested in hit-and-run that killed toddler
DENVER – A 33-year-old man is in custody for allegedly killing a two-year-old girl in a hit-and-run Tuesday evening.
Omar Gonzalez faces charges of Felony Hit and Run Resulting in Death and Felony Abuse/Criminal Negligence Resulting in Death.
The accident happened at about 6:20 p.m. in the 4400 block of West Nevada Place where, according to police, the child was crossing the street mid-block when Gonzalez struck the child with his vehicle and then drove away.
Dariana Martinez-Martin was transported to Denver Health Medical Center where she passed away.
“Officers obtained the vehicle description and plate number and issued a Medina Alert in an attempt to locate the Hit and Run car,” said Denver Police Det. John White.
Gonzalez was arrested a short time later.
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- Indian doctors strike gold while performing surgery on man
- Model says she plans to have abortion to appear on reality show
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets