Rockies’ struggles continue in loss to Phillies
By Jake Kaplan | MLB.com
PHILADELPHIA — Five of their first nine hitters reached base against Phillies starter Cole Hamels, and things were looking up for a struggling Rockies club on Tuesday.
But baserunners didn’t come as easily the rest of the game. The Rockies, who average more than five runs per game but were without an injured Carlos Gonzalez, were held to just two runs on six hits in a 7-2 loss at Citizens Bank Park.
The defeat was the 11th in their last 12 games. MORE>>>
- Hickenlooper grants reprieve to death row inmate Nathan Dunlap
- Longmont officer shoots, critically wounds AR15-wielding gunman
- Mom makes bullying daughter wear thrift shop clothes as punishment
- Warning: Video shows Colo. murder suspect Evan Ebel shoot deputy
- I-70 reopens in Glenwood Canyon following fatal crash