Denver police arrest hit and run driver
DENVER — A man involved in a deadly hit-and-run accident in February was arrest by the Denver Police Department Tuesday.
Paul Estrada Jr., 62, is being charged with a class 3 felony for striking James Garcia, 32, with his vehicle at the intersection of West Colfax Ave. and North Sheridan Blvd on Feb. 20. Garcia died from his injuries.
Estrada’s vehicle was recovered and processed several months ago.
This is the third of four unsolved fatal hit-and-run investigations the DPD has closed.
The lone remaining unsolved hit-and-run case resulted in the death of Ramon Diaz-Lozano, 52. It took place on Jan. 15 at West Kentucky Ave. and South Federal Blvd. and involved a white Honda 4-door sedan that struck Diaz-Lozano as he was crossing Federal.
Investigators are asking anyone with information regarding this case to call 720-913-STOP.
- Hickenlooper grants reprieve to death row inmate Nathan Dunlap
- Longmont officer shoots, critically wounds AR15-wielding gunman
- Warning: Video shows Colo. murder suspect Evan Ebel shoot deputy
- Mom makes bullying daughter wear thrift shop clothes as punishment
- I-70 reopens in Glenwood Canyon following fatal crash