Lightning damages home in Parker
PARKER, Colo. — It didn’t take long to spot which house on Summit Ridge Place in Parker was hit by lightning. The boarded-up windows and blue tarp over the roof were an easy giveaway.
The owner, Richard Riman, says his home was hit by lightning Wednesday night around 9 p.m., sparking a fire.
“I went up to the second floor, saw flames and knew it was time to leave,” says Riman.
Riman says he was home at the time, but didn’t realize the home he has lived in for 3 years had been hit by lightning until his smoke alarms started ringing and he received a phone call from a next-door neighbor.
“It was raining at the time,” he says. “I knew it couldn’t be arson. No arsonist would come out and hit that spot (the roof).”
According to Riman, a South Metro firefighter was hurt battling the fire. A spokesperson with South Metro Fire Rescue would not comment on the condition of the firefighter.
On Thursday, restoration crews spent the better part of the day boarding up the huge home.
Riman says it will probably be Thanksgiving before he can move back into his home.