Photo of dog in trash can stirs emotional reaction
Dog takes shelter from severe storms in a trash can. June 7, 2012
While covering severe storms southeast of Denver on Thursday, Pinpoint Weather Tracker Daryl Orr snapped this photograph which seemed to capture the fear of living amid a Tornado Warning.
The image shows a dog in the area of Ramah, Colorado cowering inside a plastic garbage can as hail pelts the rain-soaked ground.
The image drew immediate reaction on FOX31 Denver’s Facebook page.
“So sad. It really tears at my heart to see animals alone and abandoned,” said one viewer. “Hopefully, someone will take it home and give it the love and care it needs.”
“I wish I knew where this picture was taken at! I would go down there and pick him up and bring him to a nice warm home with plenty of food, water and lovins!,” said another.
But despite the appearance, Orr says the dog is not a stray and wasn’t hurt.
“He was just scared during the hail,” said Orr. “His home wasn’t too far away, but the trash can probably seemed like a better option at the time.”
- Denver Police: At least 3 stabbed at Mile High after Broncos game
- Man tricked into thinking he had been in 10-year coma
- Thornton High School threat not legitimate, investigators say
- Teen kills 4 in DUI wreck, gets probation using 'rich kid' defense
- Sandy Hook victim’s mother shares emotional message: 'Evil did not win'