Rockies release pitcher Jamie Moyer
DENVER — He’s been one of the few feel good stories this year for the Colorado Rockies, but on Wednesday the team designated 49-year-old pitcher Jamie Moyer for assignment.
The move means the Rockies now have ten days to either trade or release Moyer.
Moyer made history back on April 17 as the oldest pitcher in history to win a game in the majors — a record that had stood since 1932.
- Hickenlooper grants reprieve to death row inmate Nathan Dunlap
- Longmont officer shoots, critically wounds AR15-wielding gunman
- Warning: Video shows Colo. murder suspect Evan Ebel shoot deputy
- Mom makes bullying daughter wear thrift shop clothes as punishment
- I-70 reopens in Glenwood Canyon following fatal crash