No Rookie of the Year for Nuggets’ Faried, but…
by Ethan Sherwood Strauss, Bleacher Report
Kyrie Irving won Rookie of the Year Tuesday, but he really won it before the All-Star break, then lapped the field a couple of times. Awards are funny in that way: The better the winner, the less interesting his coronation.
But there is one rookie—and only one—who touched Irving’s production on a per-minute basis. And the fact that Kenneth “Manimal” Faried was the rookie who pulled it off is a miracle.
He’s an undersized power forward who can’t shoot, hailing from Morehead State—a college I had never heard of until learning of Faried.
With the way the 22nd pick in the draft has produced (18.2 points, 13.6 rebounds per 40 per minutes), I wonder if the Cavs regret not pairing Faried with Irving. Tristan Thompson has shown potential, but the Manimal can control the game for stretches with tireless rebounding. READ MORE>>>
- Sandy Hook victim’s mother shares emotional message: 'Evil did not win'
- Police investigating possible threat at Thornton High School
- Deputies: Would-be Good Samaritan hit, killed victim of rollover crash
- Man banned from Walmart for price matching
- Denver police release list of top 10 stolen cars in city