Perrish Cox, Demaryius Thomas facing civil lawsuit
by Catrina Linhard
DENVER — The woman who accused former Denver Broncos cornerback Perrish Cox of sexual assault has filed intentions to sue Cox and Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, according to The Denver Post.
A state judge has allowed the woman to file anonymously. She claimed she was raped after she had passed out in his apartment in 2010.
Cox was acquitted of criminal charges.
Thomas testified on behalf of the prosecution against Cox at his criminal trial in early March, although many observers believe his testimony helped lead to the acquittal.
- Hickenlooper grants reprieve to death row inmate Nathan Dunlap
- Longmont officer shoots, critically wounds AR15-wielding gunman
- Warning: Video shows Colo. murder suspect Evan Ebel shoot deputy
- Mom makes bullying daughter wear thrift shop clothes as punishment
- I-70 reopens in Glenwood Canyon following fatal crash