2 dead, child in critical after I-70 accident
FRISCO, Colo. – Two people were killed and a three other people including a toddler were in the hospital after a rollover crash on I-70 near Frisco Monday.
The accident happened at about 11 a.m. on eastbound I-70 and involved a red Toyota Corolla and a Chevy Trail Blazer carrying five people from the same family from Commerce City.
Witnesses say a red vehicle, possibly a Toyota Corolla, pulled in front of the the Chevy Trial Blazer. The driver of the Chevy swerved to avoid a collision, but lost control and the SUV crashed and rolled.
The Red vehicle kept going. The Colorado State Patrol would like help from anyone who may have seen the crash happen so that they can find they driver who they believe caused it.
The westbound side of I-70 was closed for five hours while police conducted their investigation.
According to the Colorado State Patrol, the female driver of the Chevy and a female passenger died at the scene.
A two-year-old was airlifted to Summit Medical Center with critical injuries, and a 17-year-old was transported by ambulance.
The driver of the Toyota fled the scene. Anyone with information is asked to call 911.
- Denver Police: At least 3 stabbed at Mile High after Broncos game
- Man tricked into thinking he had been in 10-year coma
- Thornton High School threat not legitimate, investigators say
- Teen kills 4 in DUI wreck, gets probation using 'rich kid' defense
- Sandy Hook victim’s mother shares emotional message: 'Evil did not win'