Police: Man ties cat to rock, birds attack
LAFAYETTE, Colo. – A 19-year-old man was ticketed Wednesday for allegedly leaving his cat tied to a rock at a Lafayette Park.
According to the Boulder Daily Camera, Seth Franco took his cat to Waneka Lake Park to join him for a jog.
“Apparently, the individual was trying to jog with the animal on a leash and the animal was either unwilling or unable to keep up,” Lafayette police Sgt. Fred Palmer told the Daily Camera.
Franco allegedly secured his cat to a rock in order to finish his run around the park. A passerby spotted the cat being attacked by birds and called police.
Animal control responded and Franco was ticketed for animal cruelty.
The cat did not sustain any injuries and was released back to its owner.
- Hickenlooper grants reprieve to death row inmate Nathan Dunlap
- Longmont officer shoots, critically wounds AR15-wielding gunman
- Warning: Video shows Colo. murder suspect Evan Ebel shoot deputy
- I-70 reopens in Glenwood Canyon following fatal crash
- Mom makes bullying daughter wear thrift shop clothes as punishment