6 Ways to Save on cosmetics and beauty products
DENVER — Cosmetics and beauty products take center stage in our series 6 ways to Save at 6 a.m.
These tips will come in very handy, since Americans as individuals spend an average of $1,300 per year on cosmetics and beauty products. We spend $10 billion every year as a whole.
Here are Natalie Tysdal’s six tips. You can learn details about them by watching the video clips.
- Always buy mascara at the drugstore instead of the department store
- “Like” your favorite products on Facebook for coupons and possible free samples
- Use half as much
- Buy dual purpose products
- Look for products that are “mineral-based” because they don’t expire and you don’t have to ever throw them away
- When purchasing cosmetics at the department store, make sure you always get products that come with bonus items