Mediterranean Clam and Vegetable Soup Recipe
Chef Ben, Tony’s Market
2 strips smoked bacon, diced
1 small onion, diced
2 ribs celery, diced
1 package bell pepper strips, diced
1 tbsp Tony’s Zblend herb mix
1 box Pomi chopped tomatoes
1 package Pane Pesca baby clams, thawed and drained, reserving the clam broth
3 cups vegetable broth
1 cup farfallinni (small bowtie pasta) pasta-uncooked
Recommended Dessert: Éclairs
1. Heat a large pot over medium high heat and add the bacon pieces. Cook the bacon, stirring occasionally, until almost crisp. Add the onions, celery and peppers and cook until the vegetables have started to soften. Add the herbs and cook for 30 more seconds or until the herbs are fragrant.
2. Add the crushed tomatoes and vegetable broth and increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Add the drained broth from the clams. Add the pasta when the mixture is boiling and cook for 6 minutes adding the clams for the last minute of cooking.
3. Adjust seasonings with more of the herb blend if necessary and serve.
- Driver of car that slammed into Larimer County school bus identified
- Delta flight, passengers isolated in remote area at DIA following security threat
- 38 million gallon Portland water supply to be flushed after teen urinates in reservoir
- Police: Teen tried to 'blow a fireball' at Smoky Hill HS
- Documents detail how dispatchers handled call that ended in mother's murder